New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) In one of the first cases, the Delhi government on Friday “de-contained” a red zone for coronavirus in the Vasundhara Enclave area after no new cases were reported from the area.
Mansara Apartments in the Vasundhara Enclave was made the containment zone on March 31 after one person had tested positive for coronavirus.
However, with no new case reported, the red zone is being ‘de-contained’, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said.
“No new case in Mansara apartments in Vasundhara Enclave. Therefore, this containment zone is being de-contained. Operation SHIELD was successful because of cooperation from people living in this zone,” the Chief Minister said.
According to an order from the District Magistrate (East), no new case was reported from the red zone in the last four weeks and also that all his contacts have been followed up for 28 days, and so the society is de-contained.
“However, the medical authorities shall continue regular follow-up action so that the containment process be deemed to be completed in a stipulated time,” DM Arun Kumar Mishra said in the order.
The lockdown will continue till May 3.
So far Delhi has about 90 containment zones.
The containment zones are announced by the district administration after three or more COVID cases are found in an area, however, the number of cases can vary depending upon the area. There has been a constant increase in the containment zones in the city. On April 8, there were only 20 containment zones in the city.
After the administration seals an area naming it a ‘containment zone’, the Delhi government starts ‘Operation SHIELD’ in the area. The Operation SHIELD — Sealing, Home Quarantine, Isolation and Tracking, Essential Supply, Local Sanitisation and Door-To-Door Checking — is used to control the spread of the virus, the Delhi Health Department said.
About 2,400 coronavirus cases have been reported from Delhi so far.